In the early 1970s, CON/STEEL introduced an innovative system of tilt-up building design for a select group of clients. Tilt-up quickly became a key service of our parent company, LJB Inc. As the demand for tilt-up continued to grow, CON/STEEL Tilt-Up Systems was born – along with the CON/STEEL Alliance.
The CON/STEEL Alliance consists of pre-qualified, licensed construction partners who receive design support, training and continuing education opportunities from CON/STEEL. Each Alliance member has exclusive rights to its geographic market, which provides motivation for all Alliance members to share their expertise and the latest innovations in design and construction.
To date CON/STEEL has designed more than 1,200 tilt-up buildings totaling in excess of 83 million square feet.
- Tilt-up experts readily available to address design concerns and field challenges.
- Highly “constructable” designs equals fewer RFIs during construction.
- CON/STEEL’s standard details allow contractors to quickly and accurately estimate projects and ensure construction economy.
- National accounts buying power allows Alliance contractors to achieve competitive pricing, particularly through Avantec, Ltd.
- Research and development programs keep contractors on the forefront of construction technology.
- Long-term relationships facilitate coordination and problem solving.
- Industry involvement and internal peer groups keep Alliance members abreast of the latest developments to save money and enhance quality.